Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 55



Well, I got a call last Tuesday saying "Elder Berg, please report to the president’s office at ten o’clock tomorrow, you are going to be training" WOOOOOOOO. 

So, yeah, I am now training, and it’s a lot of fun. It’s a gringo, which was kinda meh, but he is cool. Trying to speak only Spanish, and he is trying to learn. He is from Provo. So he is from the factory. He is awesome. And he is right now writing his family, saying, I believe "Daddy! I am now in panama, it’s hot. We are contacting a ton. And we talked to a drunk man with yellow eyes. It’s hot. And we eat a lot of rice. Did I say it’s hot? It’s hot. Oh, and now our house doesn’t have water. So fun times. It’s hot". Or something like that. 

It’s so adorable to see new missionaries, because they think they know how to do some things in the mission, such as contacting. And then they look at a person, and realize its real, and they have no idea how to say anything. It’s kind of funny. But yeah. We are working our tails off, because I want to baptize with my son. It would be cool. And if not, well, at least we tried. 

So, we were contacting on Thursday, and this guy told us a joke:

So, there is an atheist who lives in the woods. And every day he leaves his house and looks at the wonders of nature and the beautiful flowers and wildlife, thinking it’s incredible that all this happened spontaneously. Well, then, one day, he is walking, and is walking next to a stream, when he sees a bear. The bear sees him, and starts chasing him. So he runs and runs, but falls down, and the bear is about to kill him, when he cries out "OH MY GOD". Well, then everything stops. Time stops. Then, he hears a voice. "Yes, what would you like? You never believed in me, but here I am. What do you want? Do you want me to help you become one of my disciples in your last moments alive?" and the atheist says "no, I don’t want that, just please convert the bear into a Christian!!" "Alright". So, then time continues. The bear looks at the atheist on the ground, then kneels down, and says "Dear God, I give you thanks for this beautiful day, and I also thank thee for the food which thou hast given me at this moment". 

So yeah, it was a great joke. And my comp understand nothing. So I got to translate it for him. And we are going to be teaching that guy and his family on Wednesday, so I hope it goes well!

Love you all, 

Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment