Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 56



This week, we had a very scary bee incident. We were kind of just walking around part of our area, looking for people to contact. Well, this bee starts flying next to and around my comp, while he is about 4 feet behind me. So, he runs in front of me, trying to dodge the bee. Well, it works. The bee starts following me! And flying all around me and all that jazz. So, I then run in front of him, and the bee then latches onto him. Then he runs in front of me, then I run in front of him. The bee always following. This goes on for ten minutes. Was kind of interesting/funny, as the bee never left. 

Then, we were contacting a house, with a lady inside the doorway, talking to her friend. So we starting talking to both of them, when I ask if we can gift (we use gift, it’s a better word in Spanish) a pamphlet of the restoration, and as soon as I finish saying that, a little girl comes out of nowhere saying "GIFT!! GIVE ME THE GIFT!! I LOVE GIFTS!! (I give it to her) OH MY GOSH ITS JESUS! THAT IS JESUS! I LOVE THIS GIFT! I AM GOING TO KEEP IT FOREVER!"  So I send my comp to go and talk to the ladies while I talk a little to the kid, and then I go and talk with the ladies. While we are talking, there are about 5 other kids showing up for more gifts of the pamphlet. So we give them all out. And then we get two kids to show us where they live and we contact their mom, and now we had three families to teach!! Had. The two ladies call me, about 3 days after, and say that their church doesn’t allow them to talk to us. "So you can’t talk about Jesus?" "Yeah, but not with you." "Oh, so you can’t talk to missionaries preaching. Got it." Good times. But the other lady, we still are going to teach. 

We also got into a big discussion (argument) with some seventh day Adventists, as one of them had heard that we believe in the spirit world, and that we can preach to the dead, or at least that spirit missionaries preach to the dead. He didn’t like that. So he starts reading and looking up these scriptures that talk about how the body stays dead on earth and all that. So I agree, because it’s true. And he just goes on and on about how it can’t be true. So I then read him 1 Peter 3:18-20, where it says Jesus preached to the dead. And he is just saying, No, it’s not possible, he was preaching to the people who were spiritually dead, not really dead, it’s a symbol! It’s "like" the days of Noah. "Alrighty, show me where its says "like". “Well, it doesn’t say like.” Then, he was saying that it’s impossible for that to happen, as our spirits go up to God immediately after dying. Alrighty. So where was Christ after he died? Well, he doesn’t know what to say. So he calls his PASTOR. And his pastor has nothing. He talks to his pastor a little about where the scripture, where it is, and then he says, oh, it’s like a symbol. Ok. "Please ask him where Jesus was and about 1 peter 4:6 as well, please."

Well, he doesn’t, and just keeps listening to the pastor. And the pastor has nothing. It was kind of hilarious. So I asked him where Jesus was, and he says he was with God. Nope, can’t be, he said he didn’t present himself to his father. So where was he? Well, uh, not in heaven? Yup. Where, you are asking. In the spirit world, preaching and organizing missionaries! "No! Can’t be. He wasn’t in heaven. it was not possible for him to be in heaven" "did you just say that Jesus couldn’t be in heaven" "no, as he couldn’t enter, as he had our sins upon him, so he was unclean" "so you are telling me that the only person who has ever been on the earth, everrrrrrr, who lived a perfect life, couldn’t get into heaven?" "Well, uhhhhh" "yeah. So he was in the spirit world" and then I explained to them about all the spirit world, as the people who never had the chance to accept it here would over there. And then he said "well, no, God would show mercy and would take them up!" "Can’t be. You cannot be saved in ignorance, and they also need to be baptized to enter the kingdom of God. And if they are dead, they can’t be baptized, unless we (explain baptism for the dead)". and then we finished up pretty well, they were pretty accepting of it, after they finally let me talk without interrupting trying to twist what I was saying. Good times. So I gave them Alma 40-42 to read, and the husband says "no, I don’t believe in the book of Mormon" "look, here, references to the bible. Read the book of Mormon, and follow these references, and it will tell you the same doctrine" "ok, I might do that". Good times. 


Elder berg knowing the scriptures: 1 

Seventh day Adventists who don’t: 0

Seventh day pastors: 0

Good times. 

Love you all, 

Elder berg

No comments:

Post a Comment