Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 46



Well, how is everyone doing?? Awesome, sad, que triste son sus vidas. so. This week, well, was a lot of contacting. So that was so much fun. 

11 MONTHS OUT.  AWW YEAHHHH! ONE MORE MONTH AND GONNA BURN A SHIRT SOON. CAN’T WAIT. 

So, this week. Well, not a lot happened, to be honest. We had to contact a ton, so it was kinda boring. Changes were this week, and I stayed with my comp. so next change I am hoping to train. It’s kinda funny this week, is that a lot of people I know from my old zones call me, to find out the news for changes, as is normal. And a lot of the people I know are with gringos. So, obviously, they all complain to me. The best part is that they all tell me that I am the most Latino gringo that is on the mission, so I am the only gringo they would be ok with. So I got that going for me, which is nice. 

My old comp got changed into my zone, so that was a lot of fun seeing him. 

The stereotype here is that gringos eat a lot of ketchup. Dude. We never eat ketchup compared to these guys. They have entire aisles of just ketchup. I am not kidding. And it’s all the same brand, so it’s just boring to look at. I bought BBQ sauce, and the lady at the checkout counter kinda freaked out, asking me if I understood that it was not ketchup. “Are you sure?”  “Yes.”  “It’s not ketchup.” “I know.”  “Seriously. It’s not ketchup.”  “I know.”  “It’s not made of tomatoes.”  “I know.”  “Are you sure you still want it?”  “Yes.”  “Really?”  “Yes.”  “Are you going to buy ketchup too?”  “No. I want BBQ sauce.” Oh. How weird.

The people put ketchup on absolutely everything. Rice, chicken, pasta, pizza, I have seen it on bread, cookies, it’s crazy. And they try to make fun of gringos. So I make fun of them. 

Well, I hope next week I will have some funny stories, but not any this week, sorry!


Love you all, 


Elder berg

No comments:

Post a Comment