Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 45



Ughhh 11 months tomorrow it is incredible how fast it goes.
Well, this week we had a lot of kind of nothing, as we were going around the area all day every day so that I could learn it, but I still lack some places, as this area is huge. It’s bigger than all of Portland, area wise. It’s ridiculous.
But on Wednesday we got to go to a zone conference, and we got Elder Alonso. That guy is awesome. To start, we all went up and shook his hand, and so of course I was trying to pray in line. Someone asked me what I was doing, I said "last minute repenting, you don’t know what their spiritual eyes can see". Because to face it, I am trying to be super obedient, but hey, no one is perfect, and I don’t want Elder Alonso to suddenly look into my eyes and say "we need to talk, you woke up 15 minutes late on October 25th". Well, we shook hands, and all good. Then, when he begins talking to us, he says, "As a seventy, I can see into your eyes. I can see your sins, when you did them, and with who" so then everyone is basically freaking out, and I am just sitting there all cool cus of last minute repenting and have a liter of monster in my water bottle because two hours of sleep the night before.
It was an amazing zone conference. Alonso talked to us about the parable of the Good Samaritan, and how it represents the plan of salvation, how Jesus is the Good Samaritan, and how we need to be more like him, and not like the Levite and the priest, and needless to say we were all really stunned. And my old comp, before the e change, asked Elder Alonso a question. I don’t remember the question, but I remember that Alonso told him to stand up, and basically told him that he is a good missionary, but that is under a lot of disobedience, and that he can see the light of a great missionary, but the darkness needs to be dispelled. My old comp, the one who got eviscerated, is six foot 10. He looked about two feet tall when Alonso was telling him to repent. It was incredible.
Then, Alonso asked us how many sons Lehi had. Six, easy right? Laman, Lemuel, Sam, Nephi, Jacob, Joseph. Well, then put these into three groups. 1)Laman, Lemuel. 2)Sam, Nephi. 3)Jacob, Joseph. Alright. So we have three groups. So, now, if you will remember how many of the hosts of heaven were expelled from heaven, it is one third. And how many of Lehi’s sons fell away? Yup. One third. And we were just shocked, you could have heard a pin drop in this room.
Then, he asked us if we wanted to ask any questions. Well, we all remembered what happened to my old comp, so no questions, obviously.
But a great week, and I am trying to do better!!
Love you,

Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment