Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 36



Well, hello all! I hope everything is going awesome for all you people, here are my favorite stories of the week!!

We were talking about food, and I said I loved steak. And they were all, oh, steak is ok, but meh. And I asked how they liked their steak. They said ehh, I don’t really know. I said that I loved it pink on the inside, just cooked enough to be a bit brown. You would think I grew three more heads the way they all looked at me. 

"YOU WILL DIE THAT WAY!!
YOU WILL GET WORMS OR PARASITES!!
BUT IT’S LIKE EATING BLOOD!!
ITS RAW MEAT!!"

Well I told them to call me a vampire, because its amaaaaaaazing. So yeah. I feel bad for everyone out here, because everyone and their mother is a "health expert" and they know everything about medicine, so obviously I am gonna die of red meat deliciousness. Ughh. Sooooooo goooooooooood. So worth it. 

This week was good, we (my comp) did service on Saturday, knocking down a wall. And basically my comp did everything with the husband of the house. It was awesome. They were allllllllmost done, but then the husband missed with a swing of the tiny little hammer and hit a water pipe. BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH. I heard "SONUVAB*****" in Spanish of course, and I just busted out laughing. So that left my comp and him to work for another few hours. Was hilarious. 

And when we were leaving the service, we heard yelping. Now, the lady who lives in this house with her husband has a dog. A pit bull. Big ol thing. Never tried to do anything to me in 7 months. And then we walk out, and this dog has another dog by the throat, trying to kill it. And then almost rips its ear off. so everyone in the street is running over to see what is happening, and I go yell for the lady, and then she picks up a huge stick and just starts whaling on this dog to let go of the street dog, and her dog just doesn’t care at all. So after about 45 seconds, her dog finally lets go, and the other dog is all bloody and trots off. Pretty disgusting. 

And we were at a super market, doing shopping, and then a guy starts talking to us, and says that he can’t quit drinking. We try to encourage him, and when I was talking, he cuts me off and said to my comp, that I have "good charisma". So that was cool. And then he starts talking about how he misses the church, but he won’t give us his address or his name to pass along to the corresponding elders. And he smelled sooo bad of alcohol. And then he starts talking about his time as a bishop. So that was pretty shocking for me, because I didn’t think that would be coming up in this conversation. But we tried to help him out, and invited him to church. Good times. Don’t know if he went, as he goes to another ward, but I hope so. 

Well, that was basically my stories of the week. I hope you all have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment