Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 7



Well, I have my first P-Day in Panama!

My companion is from Guatemala, his name is Elder B, and he is super awesome. He only speaks Spanish, but he is able to understand almost everything in English, so when I don’t know a word in Spanish, and it’s not in the diccionario, I can ask him. The people here talk. So. Freaking. Fast. It’s ridiculous! But its ok, I am getting there, and I get to practice talking Spanish all the time and I get to tell my companion about all my friends from BYU and all the adventures we went on. It’s really cool.

The missionary that got transferred from this area to make way for me was named Elder L, and apparently everyone loved him, because he was from Brazil. So everyone is always asking where he is, and I am just like, “Hi, I am cool too!”  

The people here are really awesome, and there were, literally, when I got to my area, zero investigators. So we found one, and hopefully we can keep him, and then we have two more, but they have two kids, and not married, and it’s difficult. But we have like two, so that’s good.  A lot of the work here is with less active members, and trying to get them to come back to church, and we got two to come this week, so that is really good.  Hopefully next week we can get more. But the work is progressing.

The people here are superdy duper poor, and it’s insane. I am pretty sure I won’t feel carpet for about the next two years, kinda crazy. Most of the houses are made of cinderblocks with a metal roof which is super loud when it rains, which it does every day.

The work here is hard, as there a lot of lomas, or hills, and it is super hard to walk every day. And seriously, every single meal is rice and chicken, which I am fine with, because I don’t have to cook, and it’s funny because my companion is super sick of it, as he has had rice and chicken for 23 straight months, and is done with it. But the work here is a lot with fewer actives, as there are 50,000 members, and 20,000 active, so we try to get them to come back. It’s hard, but worth it. 

Just please pray for us to find people! Its super hard, I hope you are all having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment