Saturday, August 23, 2014

In the Field!



Hey all! I am now in the field, and it’s awesome. My companion is super awesome, and super popular, so that is cool. His name is Elder B, and he is from Guatemala. I love him. So cool. He is also hilarious, and speaks zero English. But he is awesome. I taught a member family yesterday, so that means I just shared my favorite scripture and talked about it. We are doing well. We get to go tracting later, and I have a feeling he is going to make me do a lot, so that will definitely be interesting. But I am having a lot of fun here. 

The service is interesting here. There is absolutely zero customer service. Like, taxis decide if they want to go where you need to go. You need to tell them where you want to go before you get in, and then they decide if you are worth it. Kinda weird. And I learned a new word yesterday. Pretti. It means cool. Everything can be pretti. We waited for a taxi for about 30 minutes yesterday, just at this weird mall terminal thingy, and then we were hailed by a member and we got a ride in the back of a truck. A really cool day, and just for one day it was a lot.  Later we are going to try and contact a guy my companion has been trying to find for a while, and we went this morning, and could not get him, as his wife said he was sleeping, for some reason ice cream had something to do with it, I think that he had it and he was not able to sleep until 1am, and he only had half of it. It was weird, because it was like a medium ice cream cup thing at a store.

So I’m learning how things run here in Panama!  It is great and I’m so happy to be here.



1 comment: