Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 4



Well, this week was pretty awesome. I would like to ask you to think about something. When did Christ visit the Nephites? During the 40 days when he was with the apostles? Think about it. 

This week was eventful. We got to go to the temple today, and it was pretty awesome. We were not allowed to do a session, as the temple is closed for a year and a half for renovations. But we got to go into the visitor center and look at all the stuff, and it was really cool. The Spirit was really strong there. 

We had a bit of a crisis this week, as there was a huuuuuge moth that was right outside our classroom. It was jet black, had a wingspan of about 8 inches, and was scary. We didn’t want to go outside. Our teacher slid along the wall to get into our classroom, and when he got in, he said "ES EL DIABLO!!!” so we all kinda freaked out. The moth didn’t move for a good solid five or six hours, and it was freeeakkkyyyy. Eventually a janitor got it out. But still weird. 

And I have been thinking a lot of how we are using the Book of Mormon, and how special it is. I love the painting of Moroni when he is praying over the plates and is about to put them in. it just kills me how alone he must have felt. He was it. There was no one else, he was the only one of his people left. And he was being hunted. Every time he moved his hiding place was to get a few more lines and few more words in to the book. His book is so powerful, because he is trying to help us. There is no audience for his words. His people are dead. We are his audience. He saw us, and wrote for us, for what he was divinely inspired to write. Just blows my mind, and makes me love the gospel that much more, that Moroni felt that we were that important. He could have just given up, but he knew he had to do it for us. 

And on that note, I want to say that I am doing really well! Having a really good week, but it is all kind of blending in, can’t wait to go to the field. Only 14 more days, but who is counting, right?

And I am doing pretty awesome in soccer. We play on an outdoor basketball court, and it has a fence around it so we don’t kick it out every ten seconds. It’s about 50 feet long. And my goalie threw the ball in the air to the three point line of the other side, right near me. And as it was coming down, I swung my foot, kicked it with the top of the foot, and put it right past the goalie´s head. It was pretty sweet. 

And the answer to my question is... 

Several months!! Read 3 Nephi 8:5 for when it all started. And then its 3 Nephi 10:18 for when it happened. Kinda crazy how long of a time was between the two events, considering how I always thought that it was only three days later. 

Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing week and I want to thank you for all your emails! They are awesome. 

With love, 

Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment