Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 13



New companion!! He is doing ok, his name is Elder P and he is also from Guatemala. He is ok, but I think he would honestly be better if I did not have my old companion, only because my old companion was so amazingly awesome that it kind of makes it so that this comp would not be as good. Anyway, I left my old comp on Wednesday during transfers, it hurt but had to be done. And he gave me his HLJ ring, which is the Spanish equivalent of CTR.

Funny story about this ring though. My old comp borrowed it from someone going on a mission, this happened on a Sunday. He just wanted to wear it for sacrament meeting, and then he would give it back. But he forgot. And the guy left on Tuesday, so my comp never got to give it back. So, when he was leaving, he gave it to me. So my ring has almost two years more mission time than me. Dang. But it’s going well.

This last week we were trying to get our less actives to come to church for conference, but we didn’t get any to come. A lot of the excuses come from the side that people are saying that the people in the ward criticize them and judge them if they go back, so they don’t go back, but they want to because they want to be closer to God. So, we have decided to start to almost work exclusively with the members and the less actives, and trying to bring them back into the fold. If we can do this, then we can use them to give us references, and then we can use them for really good lessons when we are teaching. We got an investigator to come to priesthood, which was really awesome.

I loved conference, to be honest, the first one I have really paid attention to and taken notes about. I really liked. Usually, I have read the talks after or something to that effect, but now it was really how they can help our ward and our investigators. I feel that we are going to try to bring people to have personal revelation, and try to strengthen people’s testimony. and I think that this conference was  a lot of trying to build our testimony, as there were several talks that were basically testimonies, as well as Ballards, I think, which was about not straying from the ship Zion. Anyway, a great week!

Lots to learn. And one thing I am going to do for my mission is this. I bought a notebook, and every time I study, which is every day, I am going to try and write down at least one thing I learned, and bring it with me all day for notes and thoughts. Anyways, I hope you all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment