Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 12



Well, another week, but this one was very sad. My comp is dying, and I can’t do anything to stop it, not even a blessing would do anything. That means he’s finished his mission and is going home.  He leaves tomorrow, or today, depends on when you read it. He says he can’t believe that he has been serving for 2 years; it’s gone by so fast. And I am sad, because he is absolutely awesome and has been so great all the time. This last week, we taught a few investigators and did some lessons and contacting. We went to a few of his old areas, with permission, of course, and talked to some people and got some pictures with some of his old investigators and favorite people, it was pretty awesome. It was sad, but hey, what can you do, except hope that my last comp thinks the same way about me.
On Monday, however, it was pretty cool. We went to the Zona Libre, which is basically a huge shopping complex. It’s cut off by a 15 foot wall surrounding it, it’s pretty great. It’s awesome because there are a lot of American stores, and there are no tariffs paid, so everything is pretty cheap. When we were there, I looked for a Ronaldo jersey, because he is awesome. However, they don’t have anything Adidas in the Zona Libre, which is really, really weird, only Nike, which is pretty cool. So my search continues.
And then we were walking out of the Zona Libre, some security guard asks us if we are Jehovah’s witnesses, and we say no, we are Mormons. And he says that he watched a documentary about the pioneers, and we talk for a minute. Then we start to run off, because we have about 5 minutes to get to the bus which is about 5 minutes away, and then he calls after us and asks if we have a book of knowledge. And my comp asks me if I brought a BoM, and I say yes. So we give it to him with the phone numbers of the missionaries of his area. Funny thing is, on Pday, we usually don’t carry all of our stuff, I usually only carry my dictionary and planner, because we are usually shopping and really busy. However, the night before, I was thinking, you know Lloyd, this bag is gonna feel weird empty, you should take a book of Mormon, but not your own. So boom! Another point for the Spirit!
The people here are doing pretty good.  It’s hard because there are a lot of drunks in our area, so we get yelled at a lot, which is sometimes funny and sometimes not.  And a lot of the people seem interested, but when they find out that we have more scriptures with us, they get mad. Sucks. I get a new comp tomorrow, so I will let you guys know how that is going!
Love, Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment