Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 2



So we have finally hit our stride.  Every day the schedule is basically the same:  wake up, eat, then study, then lunch, soccer, then study, then dinner, then study, then bed.  It’s pretty difficult to keep focused, but I am trying.  On Friday, it stormed.  We get rain every day, but it was ridiculous on Friday. We are in a cul de sac, and it was amazing.  The water in the street was level with the water on the sidewalk, and it was like a pond.  Some guys took some pictures of them in the water, and it looked like they were swimming.  We were all in our nice clothes, and some guy in a van came and bailed us out, it was awesome.  However, it knocked out our power and our water pressure, so we all had to go to the main building on Saturday to brush our teeth and wash our faces.  Thankfully, the water came back on the night of Saturday, so that was nice.  

Sunday was awesome, as we heard a devotional from the CCM director, and we had one from the CCM president, and watched a movie about John Tanner.  I wish we had more Sundays, as they are incredibly spiritual and awesome.  I gave a talk in my ward; it was about enduring to the end.  It was hard to write, as we are supposed to try and do it in Spanish, but I think it was ok.  Me and my companion are reading the book of Mormon in Spanish, and in my personal study, in English, I am in Ether, almost done!  I want to say that everyone should try to read it through, as it is simply an amazing book full of amazing love and stories of love and hope and Christ´s love.  

We now have finished with our first "investigator", and now have another two.  Our first investigator became our new afternoon teacher, and he is awesome.  He is hilarious, and is just out of his mission, and is 22. His name is Hermano Candia.  However, now our old teacher, who still teaches us in the morning, is one of our investigators named Daniel, who is catholic, but does not like the Catholic Church.  He asked us how much the Book of Mormon cost which we gave him to read, and me and my companion were surprised, as we had never thought anyone would ever ask that.  We told him it was a gift, and it was free.  We haven’t taught the other "investigator" yet, that will be tomorrow.  Also tomorrow, we might teach an actual investigator!  It is a lottery, but some people get actual investigators and that would be so cool.

Spanish is going well, and I will post some pictures next week, I forgot my camera at home and we can only take pictures on our p-day.  Have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment