Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2 Days Before MTC

Ok, we are going to backtrack a little bit here.  In between Lloyd getting set apart as a missionary and him going into the MTC, we spent a few days in Utah up at Bear Lake at a family reunion.  It was interesting because since Lloyd had been set apart on Saturday morning, he had to obey mission rules.  I was his companion and the Stake President told him I would be his first trainer.  So no music.  No TV.  He had to get up at 6:30 every morning and study his scriptures.  Go to bed at 10:30.  No swimming.  All that.  And we were told to start calling him Elder Berg, which I didn't do really good at.

So Sunday night we had a family gathering.  I was in charge of the spiritual thought and I made it all about Elder Berg of course.

Prior to leaving for Utah, I had gone through my old mission box and found something interesting that one of the missionaries in my mission had given to me to use.  It was a cut out of the plan of salvation and it looked a little like this:

Mine had Charlie Brown as the character, but it was the same concept.  So I taught the plan of salvation to all the nieces and nephews and took Charlie Brown from the pre-earth life to Earth, through the final judgement, and into the Celestial kingdom.  Then I gave Lloyd his very own 25 year old brand new plan of salvation props.

Lloyd did get up at 6:30 every day.  On Wednesday, he actually got up about 3:15 and we left for the airport about 3:30.  Dropped him off at 4:00 am per instructions and he made his way to Mexico City as the newest missionary going to Panama.

No comments:

Post a Comment