Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Zone Leader



I have not gotten mugged yet, jaja!

But, we did get changes this week. And, well... uhhh... they were interesting.  I am now a Zone Leader. Yah, haha.  I had no idea that was going to happen. The assistant called me on Monday at night and told me and I didn’t believe him.  But, I stayed in the same zone, so that was nice. I am now with an elder from Guatemala.  

So on Wednesday, I had to give advice to the zone, where they have a big meeting for a while and the ZLs talk to them for a while. It was interesting, I didn’t really know what to do, because I wasn’t in the meeting. But everything is good, just gets tiring. People call us for permission, because they need stuff, all that jazz. Gets tiring, but its good.

My comp is awesome, he is hilarious.  I live with two other elders, and they are pretty awesome. First day, one of the elders gave us a phone, because he apparently wants to change, so that was pretty interesting. But it was a good week, put some fechas for baptism. We made a calendar, man, it’s full. Almost every day we have something to do. We have three trainings this change,   so we have to prepare for each one of them, and figure out what we are going to talk about. It’s a lot of responsibility, but my comp is awesome and helps me a lot with this stuff. But yeah.  Weird week. 

Love you guys!!

Elder berg

-------------------------

Dad's note:

In a mission, the entire mission is divided into several smaller areas, called Zones, and then further into Districts.  About 8-10 missionaries make up a district and 3 or 4 districts make up a zone.  A District Leader (DL) holds weekly meetings with the other missionaries in the district, reports numbers to the Zone Leaders, and performs Baptism interviews.  A Zone Leader (ZL) helps the DLs.  They report numbers in to the mission office.  They lead the entire zone.  

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, leadership positions are much more service than leadership.  For a ZL, they will be responsible for assisting struggling missionaries, helping companionship that are having issues, and serving the people and missionaries in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment