Thursday, December 3, 2015

Lloyd Is a District Leader



A little intro.  Since I've sort of lost count of exactly how long Lloyd has been out, I'm changing the title and will comment.  So in this weeks letter, Lloyd is struggling a bit, but he's doing well because they have him working with a new missionary and a District Leader as well.

For thos of you who haven't been on missions, a District is usually four or five companionships and the DL performs a leadership role for those missionaries.  There's some record keeping involved and regular meetings to inspire, teach, etc.  

So here is Lloyd:

Well, this week was very very sucky! I got pulled out of my area, which sucked, because I got put in a new area where we don’t have as many investigators or stuff like that. My comp is kind of a dork, he is an absolutely boring person of boring. So, I got pretty depressed, got pretty down. Wanted e changes within about 2 days. But we had a big talk, and fixed some things. This is the kid who for fun went grocery shopping with his mom. Like, wow! I couldn’t believe it. He has two changes on the mission, and his trainer, who went to go and open an area where I wanted to go, sucked. Everyone thought he was awesome, and then we did weekly planning, where we have 4 investigators and 2 less actives. With attendance of 90. He doesn’t remember what they have taught investigators, he doesn’t really know his area that well. So, we are changing everything about how we are going to work. His trainer didn’t even really take him contacting from house to house, they just walked around forever until his trainer felt like talking to someone. We basically just walk around going to place to place. And this guy doesn’t talk. He is just boring.

I am better now, I talked to some of my friends they gave me a lot of support. I need your prayers.

Oh, I am District Leader. Wooo. Freaking sucks. I hate it, didn’t want it. But, I have two really good friends in my district, so it won’t be too bad. And the sister training leaders as well.

So I need your prayers for a while to get through these challenges.

Love,

Elder Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment